The Chebeague Parents' Association and Chebeague Recreation
Center are currently hiring for the Chebeague Island Children's
Workshop lead instructor position. This is a part-time
position working with 3- to 5-year-old children in a structured
Job Title: Instructor
Classification: Part-time, school year (seasonal)
Reports to: CPA President and/or CRC Director
Hours: Tuesday and Thursdays from 12:30-3 p.m.
Wednesdays from 8:30-11:30 (these hours are negotiable).
· Develop interesting and interactive recreational programs for children between the ages of 3 and 5.
· Provide direct supervision for 3-10 children for 3-hour blocks.
· Provide a supporting, healthy and nurturing environment in which children can develop social skills through playgroup programming.
· Work in concert with parents to promote cooperative activities and explore interesting island experiences.
· Identify potential areas of interest and use community support in the creation of programs.
· Work with parent volunteers to coordinate field trip activities.
· Communicate program needs, issues or potential programming conflicts to supervisors.
Salary Range: $12-15 per hour, depending on education and level of experience.
Submit letters of interest and a resume to: Vicki Todd, CPA President, 33 Grange Road, Chebeague Island, ME 04017.