290 Tuttle Road
Cumberland, Maine 04021
Tuesday – May 17, 2005 – 7:00 p.m.
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of Minutes of April 19, 2005
D. Consent Calendar / Deminimus Change Approvals:
1. Public Hearing – Minor Site Plan Review – Calder¹s Clam Shack, at 108 North Road, Tax Assessor I03, Lot 12; in the Island Residential District (IR); Virginia Tatakis-Calder and Thomas Calder; owner, applicant.
2. Public Hearing – Shoreland Zoning Permit - existing 4¹ x 200¹ fixed pier supported by piling, a 3¹ x 48¹ seasonal aluminum ramp, and a 12¹ x 24¹ wooden float with bottom skids. Applicant to add a 2nd 12¹ x 30¹ float and a longer 3¹ x 60¹ gangway to an existing pier/ramp/float facility located at 81 Spruce Point Road, Tax Assessor Map I06, Lot 30A, Island Residential District (IR); Charles Poole, Custom Float Services, representative; John Wilson, owner.
3. Public Hearing - Major Site Plan Review – Seafax Company, U. S. Route One, Tax Assessor Map R01, Lot 11B; Dale Akeley, Seafax Inc., applicant; Scott Decker, P.E., SYTDesign Consultants, representative; Peter Kennedy, owner.
4. Sketch Plan Review – Cumberland Foreside Village; Major 7- lot subdivision – 6 commercial lots in size from 1.8 to 2.2 acres. The remaining land is to be one large residential lot; Tax Assessor Maps R01, Lots 11 & 12; Office Commercial District; Cumberland Foreside Village, LLC, applicant; Stephen Mohr, Mohr & Seredin Landscape Architects, representative.
5. Public Hearing – To recommend to the Town Council the adoption of an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to add Section 204.15 – Recreational Overlay Zones; Section 204.15A – Val Halla Recreational Overlay District, Tax Assessor Map R04, Lot 41, Medium Density Residential District.
6. Public Hearing – To recommend to the Town Council the adoption of an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to add Section 205.15B – Twin Brook Recreational Overlay District; Tax Assessor Map R04, Lot 13, in the Rural Residential 1 and Rural Residential 2 districts.
7. Public Hearing – To recommend to the Town Council the adoption of an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to add Section 205.15C – West Cumberland Recreational Facility Overlay District; Tax Assessor Map R07, Lot 34, in the Rural Residential 2 District.
8. Public Hearing – To recommend to the Town Council the adoption of amendments to Sections 204.2.1 (Low Density Residential District LDR) and 204.8 (Office Commercial District OC) of the Zoning Ordinance; relating to a required 75¹ undisturbed buffer for Route One. This setback shall apply to all buildings, structures, parking areas, drainage facilities, and uses.
F. Administrative Matters