Thursday October 27th
7 pm at Parish Hall
to discuss and solicit input on
Town of Chebeague Island
Draft Education Plan
Bob Lyman, former superintendent of Freeport and Cape Elizabeth
schools, has been assisting the education committee in discussions
with state and local educational bodies, and with the development
of a draft education plan for a future Town of Chebeague Island.
The education plan is a work in progress; but we hope you take
the time to hear all that has been accomplished to date.
Elements of the plan would be need to be included as part of any
future legislative process. He will report and solicit your
- Status of meetings and discussions the Susan Gendron, Commissioner
of Education and other staff at Maine Department of Education.
The Dept. of Ed is the entity that must approve the education
plan required for the formation of an independent school district.
- Status of meetings and discussions with MSAD-51 over past
- Tuitioning students: discussions with MSAD-51 and Yarmouth,
other schools, both private and public
- Transportation plan: Mainland transportation for students
participating in extra-circular programs
- Future of Chebeague Island School: administrative structure
and responsibility, educational vision; flexibility; transition
to the mainland schools
- Local School Board structure and responsibility
Questions ? call Carol White at 846-4769