Job Posting: Chebeague Recreation Center "Youth Director"
In addition to our recent posting for Recreation Director,
we are looking for a Youth Director. A job description and
proposed schedule are shown below. If you are interested
in this position, or would like to learn more, please contact
Bob Libby or Bob Earnest at work or at home. We will accept
applications until October 5, 2005.
Phone number at the Rec is 846-5068.
Job Description: Youth Director at CRC
Part-time, year round
Hours: Wednesday 11-4:30 (winter) 1:30-10 (summer); Saturday
afternoon and evening (winter); plus one weeknight summer; plus
other hours to equal 20 winter, 24 summer.
· With Recreation Director, develop & plan scheduled
events and programming for young children, teens and preteens,
Service learning programs
For contributions to worthy causes.
For the use of each youth group for worthy causes.
Recreation activities (hiking, rafting, pool parties).
Teen Leadership program (with Hyde School).
· Refine and maintain policies and procedures for youth
· Maintain records for youth programming (attendance,
age trends, etc).
· Provide regular reports to staff meetings and to the
· Implement and enforce all youth program policies and
· Maintain equipment in Teen Center by working with the
teens to preserve what we have, and by periodic reordering.
· Provide staff (paid or volunteer) to insure that one
chaperone is on duty at all Teen Center and Preteen Center scheduled
times during the school year, and two chaperones are on duty
during the summer.
· Design and implement training for Teen Center chaperones.
· Serve as staff person at Teen Center 1 night per week
during the school year, and 2 nights per week in the summer.
· Serve as staff person at Preteen Center 1 weekend
afternoon during the school year, and 1 night per week during
· Assist in the design and implementation of Rec Center
· Contribute to public relations efforts including Calendar
entries, newsletter, and press releases.
· Serve on CRC committees as needed.
· Lead the annual effort to recruit and fund one or
more summer interns.
· Attend all Board meetings.
· Other Duties as they arise.